Wednesday, November 2, 2011

ZooBoo

We went to the Indianapolis Zoo during Bo's week off. Of course, since I'm all about all things fun, we hit it during ZooBoo hours, which meant the kids got to wear their costumes and go trick or treating there.

We went with our good friends, the Humphreys. Have I mentioned them? I'm sure I have. They are first year EM residents too. We love hanging out with them.

As can be expected, we had lots of fun. You know, I don't think my kids even really looked at the animals, they were too into the candy and Halloween fun! Oh well. We go there enough, I suppose. I hope they realize how good they have it! Why when I was a kid.... hahhaa.

This will definitely be a tradition.




Notice Carter's pose. Notice he has a pose in almost every picture. That kid. He cracks us up.
Best friends!

We had to take a picture next to this section. Carter and pirates, well they just go together.

Cute girls!

Carter and Luke. The girls would have nothing to do with the lion.


Derrick knows how to work it. He gets to sit in the nice ride and enjoy the treats.

Check out Carter's racing position. The kids are "racing a cheetah." You start at the front and get a couple seconds head start, and then lights above light up, indicating how fast a cheetah is. The point is to get down the track as far as you can before the cheetah/lights catch up to you. My kids love it.



See the lights above Meg? Yeah she didn't get far before the lights caught her. She's so cute though!

I am in love with that boy. Such a cutie. Bridget--- I know what you are thinking.

Running around an obstacle course

My babes. Carter is giving us a bad guy look. I hope.


5 comments:

Tyler - Danielle - Emree said...

So fun and so cute! I love all their costumes, but I do love the elephant the most! I always want to do Boo at the ZOO.. we are so doing in next year now. :)

Whidget said...

Hahaha. That elephant!! Miss you guys!!

xoxox

Liberty said...

FUN!! Your kids are soo cute and growing up too fast!

Alan said...

My favorite picture of the lot.

I think it's the eyebrows, but Carter's expression/obvious-costume-connection made me think immediately of the scene in Return of the Jedi when Vader takes off his helmet.

The zoo seems fun. Derrick's smile is darling inside that elephant costume!

Serena said...

What a fun zoo! Derrick's smile is too cute.

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus