Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Latest happenings of our lives

We haven't had any crazy happenings going on here, but every once in awhile my kids say or do things that I think, "this needs to go on the blog." So, without further ado, here's the latest with my family:


Carter: Every successful businessman or millionaire needs to get their start somewhere. Carter's happened about a week ago. He was supposed to be out helping Bo rake and gather leaves. Instead he comes in with a tin lunchbox full of leaves and asks me what one I like. Looking at the leaves, I pick one out, to which he replies, that'll be 78 cents. !! I put it back and told him I didn't want it that bad. hahaaa. If you think the story stops there, you're wrong. He then pulls a dollar and 25 cents out of his pocket and says that some of the neighbors bought some leaves! Seriously. My kid went around our little cul-de-sac selling LEAVES. And two poor saps took pity on my child and bought some, one even giving him a dollar.

Oh, can you imagine my embarrassment??? Oh my goodness. I told him no more selling leaves. If he wanted money, he could work for it here at home and I'd pay him. His response? He doesn't want money from me, he likes selling to the neighbors.

I told him that he needed to make cookies or something then. Now he bugs me all the time to make cookies. (picture me smacking my forehead)

After earning the money, Bo and I sat down and taught him about tithing. Yeah, he wasn't too keen on that. Maybe that'll stem his business ventures for awhile. I'm such a supportive mom. haha


Megs: Megan would now like to be called "Princess Cinderella." Or sometimes it's "Princess Megan Cinderella." Yesterday she even went so far as to say I should call her "King Megan Super Girl Princess." She tells me that I can be "Princess Long Hair." (Rapunzel). Thanks Meg. Flattered, really.

She also goes around dressed up in her Cinderella costume, crown and all. And if she can't be found in that, you better believe it's just because she's upstairs changing out of her footie pajamas only to put on another pair. She LOVES those pajamas. I had to buy two extra pairs because she wears them so much.

This princess thing has actually been wonderful because now, anytime Bo and I want her to do something, all we have to say is, "Princesses do..." and she does it! It's been WONDERFUL.

Example: "Megan, princesses ALWAYS have their hair combed and looking pretty." Bam, she's letting me style her hair.

"Megan, princesses ALWAYS are charming and polite, they don't whine and kick." Good behavior, check!

"Megan, princesses ALWAYS help clean up, they love having a clean house." And out pops the real Cinderella.

Repeat with meals, brushing teeth, you name it. Works like a charm.

We love that girl, and as cheesy as it sounds, she really is our princess.


Derrick: I'm thinking this kid is going to have that all or nothing personality. He used to maybe crawl up a couple stairs and then just stay there. Last week, however, he just decided he was going to climb to the top, and away he went, like a pro. Not cool. He thinks it hilarious and can now be found scrambling to the stairs, squealing and laughing, a huge grin on his face. I know I should get a gate, but I really don't want to mess with the drilling holes, the suction cups taking off the paint, and so on. Super vain, I know. So now pretty much all of us keep our eyes on the that little boy, and Bo and I are constantly hearing the "Mooooooom, Derrick's on the stairs!"

Derrick is also pretty much done with baby food. He wants finger food, and he wants it now, thank you very much. He loves sitting around the table with us and eating what we are eating. He thinks he's so cool, the bomb-diggity. That's right. Bringing it back.


So that's it. That's been us for the last week or so. Bo has this week off again for Thanksgiving. Bo's dad, Kevin, is visiting, and later today our cousins and good friends, Dave and Sydney Heslop and co., are coming! We are excited for some yummy food and good company. Now.... who wants to make me some yummy food?


And because no blog post is complete without a picture, here's one of the kids with some friends at the museum. They are pretending to be dinosaurs sitting in a nest.

2 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

What a fun blog post Cassidy. I loved each story.

Katie said...

SO funny. Loved the stories!

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus