Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Tay-has

Last week the kids and I took a quick trip down to Texas to visit my sister-in-law Bridget and her kids. Oh yeah, I saw Whitney too. ;) They live just outside of Houston.
We had tons of fun. We left after school on Monday and came back late Saturday night. The kids did great traveling, I think that's mostly because it was a non-stop flight.
Bridget and Whitney's kids are close in age to mine. Eli is 4, Dora is 2, and Emmy is 3 months. Our kids played together sooooo well. The boys were either dressing up in costumes and running around the house, or they were off jumping in the pool together. The girls mostly spent their time up in Dora's room playing with stuffed animals, "cooking", or playing mommy and baby. So funny. The babies? They eyed each other, ate their food, and slept.
We had a great time visiting them and were sad to leave.
One random thing about the trip was that I kept getting confused as to where I was. Being there felt like I had never moved to Indy, so when taking to my kids about going back home, I kept mentioning going back to Texas, forgetting that was where we already were, and that home was now Indiana. It was just trippy.
I will say that I'm glad to be back home in the nice fall weather. The trees are all changing colors and its just so fun to have an actual Fall.

Emmy and Derrick. Yes, I posed Derrick. They did hold hands at one time, and with no prompting. So cute.

Whitney and Bridget and a bouncy house the the kids absolutely LOVED playing in. What a fun toy!

All of the gang! We were all able to fit nicely in Bridget's Tahoe.

The last day we were there Bridget took us to Build A Bear. The kids had so much fun making their "best friends." THe guy in the red shirt below with our kids is Bridget's dad, Don. He's our adopted grandpa. My kids love him! We adopted Bridget's parents when we were living in Texas. They are our second family.



Carter made a puppy.

Megan got a cute pink teddy bear that smells like strawberry ice cream.


Playing with their new toys.

3 comments:

Liberty said...

that is sooo fun!!! so many little kids all in one place!! wish i could have been there too!!

Whidget said...

YAY I am so glad we had you guys come out. We miss you! I need to upload my photos. xoxox Look for like 10 blogs in the next two or three days! Hahah.

Andrea McEntire said...

Looks like fun! That is funny about your confusion with Texas being home. I could totally see that happening to me. We were there for so long, it still feels somewhat like home.

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus