Sunday, October 16, 2011

Bats!!

This past week we met up with some friends to go to this live Bat show that was going on at the Children's Museum. We got tickets for it like 3 weeks ago and have really been looking forward to it.

This Bat expert came and talked all about bats and even brought four to take around and show everyone. It was a really interesting show. He disclaimed a lot of myths about bats, and really made me appreciate them, once he told me how many bugs these guys eat! :)

He brought 4 different bats to show. None of them could fly because they had been injured. One was super tiny, which apparently most bats are, one what I would've considered a "normal" size, a big furry one that can only be found an island in Asia, and the last bat was, well I can't remember what kind, but it was the largest species of bat. It was HUGE.

Apparently this guy has been on Ellen, Conan O'Brien, David Letterman, and some others. It was really fun and the kids had a great time.


After seeing the bats, we decided to go up a few levels in the museum and go check out the frog exhibit. The frog exhibit was fun. It has probably 20 different kinds of frogs, along with dress ups, computer games, and other things. Carter took the picture of the frog, but I took the other frog pictures that turned out fuzzy.



Carter watching intently.


In the back of this picture you can see the bat guy walking around with a bat. In the middle of the picture, where the girl in the pink shirt is (Layna), is another aisle. The guy would also walk up and down that, so Carter ditched me to go sit over there to be closer to the aisle. You can barely glimpse his head. He's right next to Luke, who's in the green striped shirt.

The bat guy, or is it bat-man? :)
Meg and me. Meg was watching the show, shafting the camera. Derrick was on my lap, you can't see him, but he is pulling the string on my sweater.

Meg dressing up as a frog.

Weird looking frog.

My cuties. There was this skylight that looked like a fly that would "fly" on the ground. The kids had fun trying to step on it. Derrick got really frustrated with it, because as soon as he'd crawl to it, it'd shift away.

2 comments:

Jordon and Terra said...

How fun! I bet Carter was in heaven! I wish we had a cool place like that here! And I know I say this every time, but I can't believe how big your kids are! Especially Derrick! I think it's time for us to come out and visit before he grows up any more! I'll work on talking Jordon into it. :) Miss you guys!

Kevin and Eliza said...

Super cool, I want an amazing museum like that.

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus