I know what you're thinking. . . weird things about me? Is this possible? Can there really be such things? Well after much thought, I have decided to let you all know that yes, there are quite a few odd things about me. haha.
I was tagged by both Stephanie Stout and my sister Libby to list 7 weird things about me. Here goes:
1. I like the smell of dirt. . . and not just any dirt. It's a specific kind of dirt. It's the dirt of a freshly dug potato field. Yep. I really do like it. I like going into a potato cellar and smelling it. Not a rotten one, but a fresh right after harvest one. What? I grew up on a farm!
2. I keep two text messages on my phone ALWAYS. These aren't just any texts either. They are both from Bo with cute endearing little words on them. Why is this weird? It's weird because of the REASON I keep them. A few months after my sister-in-law's brother died, she mentioned to me how she was upset she'd lost her phone because she had a couple messages from him on it. I keep my texts from Bo in case something ever happens to him. Morbid, I know. I'm just terrified of him someday being gone, so I keep those texts just in case, as a little reminder of his love. Now don't ask me about what happens when I lose that phone. . .
3. I kiss Carter, and now Megan, along with saying "I love you" every time I put them in the car. This is morbid too, I'm sorry, but I do this in case we get in a car accident. I want my kids to always know that I love them and so that if I die, the last words they hear from me were "I love you." Of course I talk to them in the car while driving, so maybe all of that becomes void. huh. I'm still going to do it anyway!!
4. I am EXTREMELY ticklish. Seriously. Just touching my feet tickles me. If Carter knew this, I would never get a break. It's that bad. Really. I'm ticklish the most on my feet, but I'm also ticklish on my knees, thighs, above the hips, ribs, under the arms, the arms, you get the point? I'm even ticklish in my mouth. Going to the dentist and orthodontist drive me NUTS. I hate it because of the usual. . . cavities and such. . . but also because they tickle me! The roof of my mouth gets it bad when they rub there hands along it accidentally when looking in my mouth. My tongue is ticklish too. Yep.
5. I'm way anal about checking the house before I go to sleep. I swear I check the kitchen stove at least 3 times before going to bed. The locks? I must check them at least half a dozen times throughout the day, not to mention at night. I have to make sure everything is off. Bo swears our place won't burn down with the burner on low, but I'd rather not test it.
6. For a long time, and I'm talking up until high school, I thought serial killers were CEREAL killers. I was always sooo confused as to why it was such a big deal when people talked about serial killers. Way blond moment, I know. I just imagined people must be going around stabbing cereal boxes or something, and was just always trying to figure out why it was such a shock to people when one was talked about, and why on earth would someone WANT to do that? What's the big deal with cereal? Oh man. *sigh*
7. I get WWWAAYY too into shows. Really. I can drown out ANYONE at ANYTIME. It's true. Bo can readily vouch for that. I get so into them that I make up little additional lives for them. Yeah. For instance: We watch the Backyardigans a ton these days. Some episodes only have, say 3, of the 5 characters in it. Now most people wouldn't give it a second thought, but me? I wonder where the other characters are! Are they at home sick? Did they go on vacation? Are the other characters mad at Austin and is that why he's not there??? So sad. And this is a CARTOON. Can you imagine what I do for shows with real people? I often catch myself smiling when one of the character is smiling, or basically copying whatever they are doing. If they are dancing, I usually twitch. It is true. It is sad. It is WEIRD.
There you have it. I hope you enjoyed it! I tag Brianna, Serena, Claudia, and Bridget. Have fun!