Tuesday, June 10, 2008

In Washington

So I'm home in Moses Lake for 3 weeks. Actually I've already been here a week, so I guess I only have 2 more weeks here. I have pictures, but I forgot my camera cord, so I'll have to look around later and see if I can find one, either that or I'll just post pictures later when I get home.
Life is good here! The weather has been unusually cool, which is GREAT for me!! I'm loving it. It's been in like the 60's, maybe low 70's, supposedly. Ahhhh so refreshing compared to Galveston. I've had maple bars on 4 different occasions, which is also heaven. I just had one for a snack today actually. mmm mmm baby.
Carter's been having fun with being able to play outside in the yards. In Galveston it's too hot to play outside, not to mention the grass is stiff, scratchy, and covered in fire ants, which bite like no other, no exageration I promise. I have been looking forward to this trip so much just so that Carter can out and actually play on nice grass. It's so soft and green and not covered with dangerous insects.
He's also been having fun riding the tractor with my dad, playing with the cat, and swinging on the swings. Yep, the kid loves it here.
What have I been doing? I've been eating maple bars. :) And pushing Carter in the swing. Actually we're here in WA because all three of Bo's sisters are getting married. Yep. 3. and within a week and a half of each other. We went through the Temple with Amanda this past Saturday, and tonight I'm going to her bridal shower. She gets married on Saturday (the 14th). Next week we'll have Terra's bridal shower and then head down to Boise for Michelle's wedding on the 21st. Then we head back up to WA for Terra's which will be on the 24th. It's going to be busy but so fun.
So that's an update on my life. Oh yeah, I got to see my friend Sam who was here for a funeral, which is sad but I'm glad I got to see her, and I get to play with Tiffany all week because she's here for family business too. I'd rather see my friends when they aren't here for funerals, but I'm glad I got to see them all the same. And did I mention the maple bars???
Out

11 comments:

Claudia and Glenn Walker said...

I'm so glad to get time to spend with your family. Specially for Carter. I'm sure he is the happiest boy in Washington. I hope you can eat some maple bar, I've heard they are the best LOL :)

Stephanie said...

Hey! I'm so glad that you are having fun at home with your fam. Maple bars...wow...yum. Sounds like your livin' it up!!! You totally should too. Enjoy that nice weather. I'm super jealous. It's way too warm here.

Unknown said...

I miss the grass. Sad story. It's hot here. I miss you.

Come back to me so we can eat donuts and watch movies. I'll let you wear my shorts.

Kacey Nielsen said...

Three weddings?! Thats nuts!

Aika said...

Don't you love being at home? I'm with my parents for three weeks too... CRAZY... We must have the same minds. But THREE wedding? That's crazy, but convenient. If it was up to me, I would like to have them all at once too. Have fun, and I want a maple bar too! :)

Samantha said...

It seriously was so fun to see you. I always get sad when I don't get to see my people so it was a highlight to run into. and I super love maple bars too. Definitely my donut of choice.

Christine said...

Hey Cassidy. I'm so jealous! I want to be in Washington playing on soft grass too! We live in Edmond, Oklahoma right now and we have scratchy grass and HUGE insects here too. Have fun visiting family!

blackstarmonkey said...

Hey Cass! So good to hear from you...yeah, the communication blog is one me and my sister do, not too often tho...here is the blog i usually post to:
http://uncorazonquenoparadellover.blogspot.com/
i can't believe you're doing THREE weddings! crazy! today there was a guy visiting his gf in our ward from ASU. His name was Jacob and he knew you from a Moses Lake ward!

Anonymous said...

Hey Cassidy! I finally tracked you down, I swear I've been trying for forever. Your family is the cutest. I'll email you so that we can catch up. Yea! -Lana

Briana said...

Seiously, slacker, Just cause you're in WA, doesn't give you a good reason not to be posting. Just teasing . . . maybe it's the 3 weddings that are keeping you a little busy??

Korbi said...

maybe we will run into each other, that is if I could ever get my bum to church... ;) (we're out of town back and forth)Hey, a few of us meet at Montlake Park Thursdays at 11 if ya wanna come!

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus