Thursday, June 26, 2008

busy busy busy

So I'm back!!!!! As mentioned in the last blog, all 3 of Bo's sisters were getting married within 10 days of each other. June 14th was Amanda's wedding. A couple of days before her wedding I went and stayed in Othello, Bo's home town, which happens to be 20 min. away from mine, and played while my family went to Utah for a family reunion. I was busy there, hence no blogging.

Saturday, the day of the wedding was so crazy busy. We had a wedding at 10, which meant getting up at 6 am to get ready. After the wedding we had a wedding lunch, then a reception in Othello, and then an hour break before heading to Moses Lake for another reception because Amanda's fiance/husband is a fellow Moses Laker. I didn't get home until 9:30, and Carter and I were exhausted. Thank goodness for my sisters-in-law's fiances' because they helped me so much with taking care of Carter. Bo didn't make it to that wedding so it was just me and Carter and it's soooo hard taking care of him with being pregnant.

Saturday night I stayed in ML because my family all came back from the reunion that night. My brother Ivin, and his family, stayed Sunday and hung out for awhile before taking off to go back to Seattle where they live. Monday my sister-in law Teresa came to visit with her 3 boys and baby girl. Who can blog when 5 kids under 6 are in the same house???

Tuesday morning, the 17th, Carter and I woke up to 2 of Teresa's boys throwing up in the bathroom. Joy oh joy. EVERYTIME they come visit they are sick with the flu. Poor Teresa. Mad props for her to keep going on vacation knowing full well all her kids are going to get sick. When I heard they were sick I immediately wanted to pack up and leave to Othello because we had 2 more weddings to attend and could not afford to be sick, but it was too late, I don't think there would have been a way to avoid it.

So yeah, Carter and I got the stomach flu 3 days before Michelle's wedding on the 21st. Hers was in Boise too. Luckily it was a short flu and we were better by Friday morning to take off for the wedding. Her wedding was great, the best part being that Bo flew in on Saturday morning so I got to see him and get his help!!! Unfortunately I left my camera at home so I didn't get any pictures, trust me though, she looked great.

Sunday was spent driving home and recooperating. Monday was spent with Bo being sick with the stomach flu, yep he got it, and Carter not quite better yet either, my guess is because he didn't get any naps Friday and Saturday. Tuesday was the last wedding. Terra's. We were able to make it to the wedding and lunch before taking off for Seattle to catch our flight home.

I wish we could have stayed for all of the day's events but I bought our tickets before Terra was engaged. Oh well. All three brides looked beautiful and it was so much fun seeing them get married and so happy! I love these girls and am so happy for them.

So yeah, that is why I haven't blogged. Sorry friends, but seriously, can you blame me? Man it was like nonstop. We are home now and are all happy to be in our own place. I feel bad because I have been a total hermit. I just want to stay home and relax. Shocker of shocks, I don't think I've picked the phone and called anyone!! Well I guess I called Serena for a YW thing, but other then that no one. Crazy huh. I've been away from Bo for 2 and half weeks, so I'm just trying to soak in the family time. That and I'm loving the opportunity to just stay at home and have no plans to be anywhere.

There you have it. I'll post more pics with other posts on the trip. Here are a few from the weddings. Sorry for the long post.

Michelle, the sister married on the 21st, and the 2 Beus grandkids/nephews, Carter and Lane


The 2 boys getting their only nap of the day, the hour drive from the Temple to Othello.

Carter chillin' on the bike at the reception. This bike saved me from having to entertain him all afternoon.


So this is Terra with the bridesmaids, her 2 sisters and 2 sisters-in-law. I should mention that all three sisters had the same colors, red, orange, and yellow, along with the same bridesmaid dresses. Yep. Just picture the same picture only a different bride. : )

Carter and Lane with Terra. Again, just picture same picture only different bride.

This picture cracks Bo and me up. Bo's dad and my dad, so the 2 grandpas, are trying to get Carter to look at the camera. He wouldn't look for the life of him, he just wanted to watch the fountain. I love my dad's face as he tries to make him look.

3 comments:

Kevin and Eliza said...

Hey it was fun to see you for the few minutes I saw you. You look great! I enjoyed seeing all of the wedding pictures. What a fun, but hectic time. Have a great day!

Kacey Nielsen said...

Wow that was quite the itinerary. Sounds like you are much in need and are very deserving of a nice long nap! Hope you get one...

Aika said...

Oh my gosh, you are my hero. I can't believe you did all that pregnant and without Bo and SICK! I'm glad that you made it home safely and enjoying some nice and quiet peaceful family time. :)

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus