Monday, August 6, 2007

What the heck?!!!!

DAH!!! Can I just say how frustrated I am? Is it too late to change your child's name?? Seriously! Before I had Carter, I had only heard of one other kid named Carter, and it was a baby that was born while I was pregnant and already planning the name for my own child. Now, everywhere I turn I'm either meeting a new Carter, or someone I know is naming their child Carter or has a sibling or friend who is. Chad Platt and his wife just had their baby and they named him Carter. They knew, KNEW, my son's name was that. AHHH! I do not want my child to be a Sara or a Jessica, or Nick or whatever! I don't want people saying, "Hey Carter B." What can I do though? The damage has been done. The thing is, I look at my kid, and he just IS a Carter. What else was I supposed to name him? His name is perfect for him. I guess I can't blame everyone else for using it, but still, I'm entitled to be a tad frustrated, yeah?? So there you have it.

4 comments:

ashleyboice said...

I always wanted my kids names to be original. Being one of 5 Ashley's in a class was always so frustrating. So I have Oliver...who is 4 and every nursery that we have been in there has been another Oliver. AHHH so frustrating. I had to get over it. My second kid I just gave up...I knew anything unique wouldn't be in a couple of years. So I named him Robert...Robbie or just Rob. (after my in-laws Robert and Roberta) I haven't seen one other Robbie yet. Weird...huh? Anyways sorry long comment, but this is something I have vented about many a time.

Tiffany Fackrell said...

I totally understand about the name thing. I loved the name Ashlynn, and still do, but decided i would never use it because i know too many lately! Luckily i haven't met another Cambree, but last night on the news there was a baby born and her name was Cambree!

it was so good to see you in Moses. too bad we couldn't have done more! i hope you have a safe trip back to texas. your Carter is adorable!

Cassidy said...

I'm glad I'm not alone, thanks guys! I'm beginning to think the same thing you pointed out, Ashley. If I name my child a name that isn't so creative, but more common, most likely that name will not be common when our children are growing up. For instance, I'm now thinking of Megan. I like it. I like McKenna, but Bo says no Mc's. Of course Kenna, is more creative than Megan. We'll see. First I need to have a baby. Who knows when that will happen. Any bids?
Tiff -- I'm sorry we didn't get to hang out again. It would've been fun. We'll do our best to have fun here in Texas, and hope you're having a blast in Tri-cities.
over and out

Anonymous said...

Bo,

Your brother asnd his fam just stopped by last weekend on their way to Oaklahoma. Is that how you spell Oaklahoma? Any way It reminded me of the time when we were playing football in your backyard and you and Trav got in a fight...and then me and Trav got in a fight, and then I think Jason and Trav got in a fight, because we were slapping him on the back. Do your remember that? That was fun. We should do that again some time. Tom

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus