Monday, June 18, 2007

FINALLY. . . and update!!!!

So I don't have pictures to put on yet, but hopefully tomorrow I'll put some on the computer. Our trip was fun, busy, and at times stressful. It was GREAT!!!!! We left for Hershey, Penn., on Friday, the 25th of May, at like 2 in the afternoon (we wanted to leave that morning, but yeah right!). We drove to Little Rock, ARK, and spent the night at one of the nicest Days Inns ever. I swear, they must hide all the nicely kept cheap ones in places no one visits. The next day was crazy. Bo, Emma, and Whitney all got the flu. I ended up driving the whole time, while Bo and Emma took turns passed out in the car. Poor guys. I didn't get sick because I had it the week before. Anyways, we drove to some random town in Virginia and spent the night at a Best Western, defineltly not the best, I can tell you that. Anyays. . .we got to Whitney's new house on Sunday, and by that evening Bo and Whitney already had the upstairs bedroom painted.
The next week was spent painting, taking off wallpaper, painting some more, and doing all other sorts of odd jobs to fix up the house. During the week Bo, Carter, and I stole a quick trip down to Gettysburg and Lancaster (where the Amish are). It was fun. We also went to Chocolate World, a free tour ride which explains how they make chocolate, which was way fun. My brother Golden and his wife, Julie, also came for the weekend to visit and play. It was great. We went mini-golfing and to Chocolate World again.On Monday, the 4th of June we went to Palmyra and Niagra Falls. We had a blast. I can't wait to post pictures. We also took a drive to Lake Erie on Tuesday on our way home. Wednesday we found out you can get into Hershey Park (an amusement park) for free the last half hour, so Emma, Bo, and I got to go on some roller coaster rides before flying out on Thursday.
Friday and Saturday we were in Moses Lake for a Baker family reunion which was great. It was fun seeing all of my family and cousins. Sunday we took off for Utah for the Beus family reunion. So as you can see, we have been going non-stop. We were in Utah till Friday evening. We stayed at cabins/condos up in Ogden Canyon. I'd have to say the best part of the reunion was the indoor pool and hot tub. Friday we went to Lagoon and it was so FUN. Carter loved the rides. Our kid is fearless. We got back to Moses Lake on Saturday, and have been helping out in the house ever since. Sorry this blog is long. I'll post pics soon and funny stories later. I hope everyone is well.!!!!
Cassidy

4 comments:

Alisha Marlatt said...

I've been wondering where you guys went! Been a while since the last blog. Sounds like it was a lot of fun! Can't wait to see the pics.

Tiffany Fackrell said...

Sounds like you have had many fun adventures! I can't wait to see the pics! give me a call if you ever have some down time I would love to chat!

danipenz said...

What a crazy life. I love the idea of your family blog and also created one. http://danis-isla.blogspot.com/
So far I'm only starting, but you might like to have a look from time to time.
Hugs

Anonymous said...

Hey, this is cherie merrell!
Email me your number cheriemerrell@yahoo.com.
I want to talk to you!

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus