Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Future businessman!

Carter is quite the entrepreneur.  He has been dying to sell something, anything, so i told him he could sell Popsicles this summer. I think i told him that way back in February, and he has never let me forget it. 
Well now that it is summer, he is geared up and ready to go!  I bought these icee popsicles at Costco, and he quickly sold them all. I then made him use his own money to buy more popsicles. He has since sold most of them plus bought another icee pack and sold it!!! The icee ones seem to be the favorite, so we're heading over to Costco tomorrow to buy some more.  Haha
Carter is now a $35!!  He is loving it. I like it mostly.  It's been teaching him responsibility and money management,  helping him with math, building his testimony with tithing, and giving him something to look forward to. Downsides are that he's getting a tad greedy, and he's eating waaaaaay too many popsicles.  :)
He now wants to start selling candy too. Hahaa. Although I'm sure it would be a huge hit with the neighborhood kids, I
shudder to think how much Carter would eat, if I'm already having this problem with the popsicles. He says he buys the stuff so he should be able to eat it. Good point, but I'm trying to make him understand that every one that he eats is a 50 cent loss. Plus he'll get sick......just another couple things for him to learn, right?
He's having fun though, and that's what matters.  I'm thinking selling sweetcorn on grandpa's farm might be a possibility for next year. Gotta start saving for that mission!  :)


4 comments:

Katie said...

Perks of being a city kid! I remember always wanting to have a lemonade stand as a kid. The one time I actually did one with the Goodrich kids I think we had like three customers: my grandpa, their dad, and maybe another farmer who happened to pass by. We didn't make $35. Go, Carter!

Jordon and Terra said...

haha I love this! So funny! Way to go Carter!

Andrea McEntire said...

Go Carter! I would totally buy popsicles from a cute guy like him. :)

Andrea McEntire said...

So...that kinda sounded creepy. It wasn't meant to. I promise I'm not scary, you know me Cassidy. :)

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus