Monday, December 10, 2007

HOME!!!

So I am in Moses Lake!! YIPPIE! After a very busy week last week, Carter and I took off on Saturday and headed for Washington. We left TX at 7:45 am(5:45 Wa time) and after a connection and another flight, landed in Spokane, Wa at 1:30 pm. Carter actually did really well. It was later on while we were helping my mom shop at some stores that the traveling and sleepiness and crankiness set in. Oh wow was he not happy. When we got into Spokane I saw an old friend and realized he was on the same flight as me. Sad that we didn't know that till the end. It would've been fun to catch up on the plane and to talk to someone. What are the odds of knowing someone on the same flight??
So anyways, while we were at church yesterday morning it SNOWED!!!! YAY!! It was so fun showing Carter the snowflakes and watching it fall to the ground. He loved it. We took him sledding outside this morning. At first he was a little unsure of what was going on, but then he warmed up to it. I forgot to take a picture, so I'll have to do it later. I got video of it, but no still frames. Sorry. It was great though. Cold, of course, but after all the heat in TX, it's kind of refreshing.
We went and helped out my parents get a Christmas tree today. That was fun. I miss real trees. Carter was so cute, he kept trying to help put the lights on. He was cute. It was good that he was cute, because his attitude Saturday night and Sunday morning was enough to make me wonder if I ever wanted any more kids. Seriously. Really, seriously. But today he showed his good side. *phew* I was afriad my little sweetheart had disappeared.
I was really emotional yesterday because we were visiting a friends church for a little while (he was giving a guest sermon), and Carter was driving me crazy. I don't blame him, really, who wouldn't be after traveling so long and having to adjust to a 2 hour time difference. Not to mention that this was his 4th hour of church. But I was the same as him, so me plus a whiney kid just wasn't working. Anyways, it was the end of church and we were walking past an open door and Carter's head barely hit it. Carter didn't even notice, and I apologized to him, but this lady on the bench by the door noticed, and then 10 min. later when we were trying to leave Carter wanted down, and there were so many people around that I couldn't bend over, so I let him slide down, and he stumbled and fell at the end, again. . .he didn't notice, didn't care, but we were right by that darn lady agan! She tried helping him up and then was all "you poor thing, first your mom hits your head with the door and then drops you." UGH!!! That was it. It was all I could do to not say something to her and to hold my tears. I was so upset. It's not like I meant to do any of it, and I was already feeling the like the crappiest parent on the earth because I was so fed up with my child and had accidently bumped his head, that her saying it just confirmed my feelings and I just broke. Do you ever get that way?
I feel better now, having caught up on my much needed sleep and Carter getting his. I miss Bo and don't know how on earth single mothers do it. I give them mad props. I need Bo. I need his comforting words, his hugs, his help, even just his presence. We're coming up on our 4th anniversary, and it's amazing how much we have grown into one. I really need him to think straight and function. He doesn't have to do anything, he just needs to be there. Does that make sense? Anyways. . . I love my man and I love my son, so maybe someday Carter still might get lucky and get a sibling. :) Unless he does something to change my mind again tomorrow. ;)
Over and out.

7 comments:

Tiffany Fackrell said...

Oh man, I am excited to see you too, hopefully Carter will be in a lot better mood!! And I hope you gave that lady the EVIL EYE! Seriously...She must not have kids of her own. the other day Cambree was throwing a huge fit and as I walked into her room she threw her head back and smacked it on the door, oh she was not happy with me!! So no worries, and heck if it didn't even phase him it wasn't even that big of a deal. And I hear ya on the single mom thing, I hate when David is not around, I love his long weekends he gets, because it seriously makes a huge difference when your hubby is there, even if he is just watching T.V. or playing on the computer...I think it is the fact that if something does happen, or you really do need him he is right there and always willing to help!!!

Are your parents still a part of the community club? We will be at the community club dinner this Thursday! Plus my mom works all day on Friday, so maybe I can stop by and see you friday also. David is going to be out of town snowboarding, so I will be a lone woman! (well i will have Cambree of course!!!) oh man, sorry long comment, i miss you!

OVER AND OUT!!!!!!!! (you are too funny)

Polly said...

we are jealous that you are already in Washington. I think we are staying here in Texas for Christmas. ..no white christmas.

well, I hope you are feeling better about the "church incident." A lot of times people don't think about what they say and they don't know how little they know. The most important is that you, Bo & Carter know what kind of mother you are! And we have no doubt that you are a great one! Look at your blog, your love for your son is WRITTEN EVERYWHERE! :)
you have a great day!
p.s. I enjoyed your elf video! :)

Katie said...

What an evil lady! IGNORE HER! I bet you are a FANTASTIC mom!!! And what sweet things to say about your hubby; he sounds like a great guy. We've only been married for a little over two years, but it's amazing how you do become so dependent on one other person. I don't know what I would do without Chad.

Korbi said...

I'm sorry Cassidy, but as I was reading your story about the old lady saying how he hit his head and then YOU dropped him, I couldn't help but laugh and then I keep trying to picture which lady it was. Just try and think about how she probably doesn't even have any kids. Oh, and the other day I left Beck sleeping in my sister's car while it was running to switch my purse and a few boxes into my car, then I got into my car and drove away. I was about a block away when I realized that he was back in the parking lot still sleeping in my sister's running car. So I believe that we all have those mother of the year moments. :) Please don't call CPS on me.... :)

Samantha said...

Cass- I am so jealous that you are in moses lake and very curious about your friend that was on the flight- who was it? And doesn't that always happen, some person judging you when you are doing your darndest on a crappy day? It's so stupid, and I know that exact feeling where you just know you are going to lose it. you are stronger than me because I probably would have just started to cry and maybe that lady would've felt bad (or proud of herself.)

Cassidy said...

It was Ben Jones. He was coming home for his brother's homecoming. You're right Sam, I should've just cried and let her feel bad. I cried later on the phone to Bo. Poor Bo, he didn't know he was marrying such a cryer. Seriously, being married and a mom makes me so emotional. Korbi, your comment on leaving Beck in the car made me laugh! It was very reassuring. Thanks guys!

Claudia and Glenn Walker said...

Cass I have to agree with your friend sarakorbi. I was laughing too when I read your blog. Gosh you are so funny. I guess we all made mistakes with our children. I bet our mom's made them too. Just yesterday I came back from groceries, and I had my hands with bags while I was hurrying Nicky to get in the apartment while holding Ian at the same time. With all the rush I made Ian to hit his head on the door. A big bump came from his forehead. And of course he was crying, but I didn't know why, until of course I saw the big bump in his head oops I think we all have a little Britney Spears inside:).

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus