Monday, December 3, 2007

A Great Night!

So last Thursday night Bo, Carter, and I went to the Festival of Lights here at Moody Gardens. Moody Gardens is an attraction here on the island. They have an aquarium, rainforest, IMAX, and other fun things. Anyways, they do this thing at Christmas time called the Festival of Lights. Imagine driving by Quincy, only times it by 50.25 . ha. It was fun. You pretty much walk around the grounds of the place and look at all figures light up. They had ships, flowers, African animals, dinosaurs, SpongeBob (really random), candy canes, Santa (of course), castles, polar bears, and pretty much a bunch of other things. Some of the figures moved, some were stationary. My favorite thing was their nativity. They had the nativity story narrated over the speakers, and with each part of the story, a different scene would lite up. It was pretty good. I enjoyed it. So that was fun. I'd have to say that I still think, as far as lights go, that Temple square is the best, but these were great too. After we walked around the grounds we went inside the main building and Carter saw Santa and waved to him. I'm cheap, I know, but why pay $10 for Carter to sit on his lap there, when he can do it for free (with a better picture even) at the ward party? So Carter only got to wave. We then went into their restraunt and ordered a hot fudge sundae and hot chocolate. Yes it was like 70 degrees outside, but you just HAVE to have hot chocolate at Christmas time. My favorite part about the night was the dessert because it was spontaneous. We usually don't do things spur of the moment, and so I loved it!!! Here are some pics from the night.







On a side note, tonight we went to the IMAX at Moody Gardens and saw the Nutcracker. Oh man it was so bad! Bo and I both walked out of it wishing we hadn't gone. We're talking horrible dancing, acting, props, costumes. It makes for a funny memory though. We have seasons passes to Moody Gardens, so we get in everything here. We went to the Polar Express last week at the IMAX (by the way, they are all 3-D), and that was really fun. We plan on going to Santa vs. Snowman on Thursday.

2 comments:

Tiffany Fackrell said...

that sounds so fun! I wish we had a place like that! but what I really wish, is that we lived closer! And we could do these fun things together. I really do miss my friends!!

Aika said...

That's so funny about the Sponge Bob part, wow really random. True dat about Santa Claus too. I'm all about the cheapness... :) Love you guys! By the way, I need your address, so I can send you a Christmas Card. Shoot me an email.

Thanks, Aika

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus