Sunday, April 22, 2007

If it's not one thing, it's another


So for the last two weeks I have been sick. Nothing compared to Samantha, mind you, but still it was bad enough. It's soooooo hard taking care of a sick kid when you yourself are sick. Bo and I got sick last week, we think it had something to do with the no power and thus freezing house, and then I continued to be sick and Carter joined me this week. It was nothing too bad, just annoying. Sore throat, aching body, you know. I could have dealt with that just fine, but then my teeth started hurting. My whole right side of my mouth is in so much pain, especially when I eat. Most likely I'm going to need a root canal. I just have that sort of luck. Go me.


We went to San Antonio this weekend. It was really fun. We were supposed to help out with the our ward's youth baptisms, but that fell through--LONG STORY, so we ended up just playing the whole time. Bo's aunt and uncle live there, along with his 3 cousins. It was fun. They have a daughter that's 3 weeks younger than Carter, so it was fun watching them play together. We didn't do any sight seeing--you can only see the Alamo so many times :) --but it was still fun to just go and relax and have fun with family, we're definetly going to have to go there more often, or hopefully at least once more before we move.


So Bo got into another med school (Texas Tech) on Friday. It's over on the west side of the state, up in the pan handle. We are going to turn them down, but still, it's fun to have options!! It would be cheaper to live there, but Bo likes Galveston's program tons more, so at the moment we're still set on Galveston. We'll probably have to make another trip there though, 'cause the housing we had found there fell through, so now we get to go look for more. Bo is still on the waiting list for UT Southwestern, which is in Dallas. We probably won't hear from them until May or early June. We'll have to see.


The contract on our apartment ends this month, which means this upcoming weekend we're moving in with Whitney. Whoohoo! It will be hard, but fun. I'm excited to live with them because after May they are moving to Pennsylvania, and we'll be moving to Galveston with a 2 month break in ML first, so we'll be able to play a ton before we leave each other. So yeah, wish me luck with the dentist and packing this week!

3 comments:

Samantha said...

I have always thought it was so sad when children AND their moms get sick, because who takes care of the moms?! I can't believe you get to go to Moses for 2 months. what a dream- I'm so jealous! Tell Bo congrats for getting into so many schools. It's so hard to get into even one, so that's awesome. Good luck with your teeth. OUCH!

Alisha Marlatt said...

Looks like Carter found Daddy'a shoes! too cute! Tell Bo congrats, it's always nice to have a back up, less stress!

Tiffany Fackrell said...

that stinks that you have been sick. I hope you all get feeling better! do you know when you will be in Moses? We will be there the last weekend in May, Memorial Weekend! IT would be cool if we could see you, if you are there...!

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus