Saturday, March 24, 2007

Oreos

So Carter would not go to sleep last night. AHHHH! We had him cry for like 2 hours in his bed. Finally I picked him up, and he fell asleep on my lap 10 minutes later!!!! Sometimes I don't understand that kid. This morning Bo was playing nintendo and I was busy watching him play--you know, spousal support. I'm good like that :). Somehow Carter figured out how to pull the package of oreos off of the table while our eyes were glued on the TV. There were only about 10 left, but they went scattering across the floor. He picked up about 4 and had the biggest grin on his face. It was soooo funny. I decided if he was going to work that hard at getting the oreos, then he deserved a few. I picked up the rest and had to pry, and I mean PRY two out of his fingers. He just walked aroud the apartment, crushed oreos in his hands, smiling so proudly, and showing his handful of cookies to anyone who looked at him. It was pretty cute. I managed to get a picture of him.
We are starting to look at housing in Galveston, TX, which is where we most likely will end up moving for Med school in August. I'm a little nervous, I'll admit. I talked to these ladies the other day who lived there a few years ago. They were trying to tell me how fun Galveston was, but they ended up making me more scared. They went off on the crime ("but don't worry, it's usually just the drug dealers against other drug dealers"--yeah very comforting) and how awesome the weather was "you can look up in the sky and see tons of tornadoes!!!--funnel clouds, oh but don't worry, they don't land on the island." As you can imagine, being from little Moses Lake where nothing happens, it made me a little anxious. But hey, if all else, it will be an adventure, right? We shall see.

2 comments:

Cassidy said...

BY THE WAY--- YOu don't need an account to leave comments. YAY!!

Anonymous said...

Hooray! Welcome to blogland Cassidy. I'm excited you're on board. I think you'll love it. Thanks for making it so I can comment, too.

I love the picture of you and Carter in the ladybug cutouts.

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus