Friday, March 9, 2012

My New Best Friend

I met Shannon Hale!! A couple Saturdays ago I found out she was in Indy and was going to do a book signing, so you'd better believe I was there along with a good friend and her daughter. Oh man was I giddy. I LOVE Shannon Hale's books. For those of you who are clueless as to what her books are, she's written Austenland, The Actor and a Housewife, Midnight in Austenland, The Goose Girl, The Princess Academy, and much more. I just love the way she writes. She's so funny.
I pretty much told her I loved her...like three times. She showed me some pictures on her laptop that she had taken while they were filming Austenland in England, because yes, they are making it into a movie! She wanted to hold Derrick, but he wasn't having it. He doesn't know how lucky he is. I was pretty jealous. haha. jk. kinda.
Anyways, I was pretty much on cloud nine that day, and the next. Still am. Can you tell I like her books? I really do feel like if she lived by me we could be good friends. :)
I got her to autograph my very worn Austenland, and then I bought Midnight in Austenland for her to sign for me, and The Goose Girl and The Princess Academy for her to sign for Megan, because I think all girls should read them.
What a great time.

We're looking at the pictures on her computer.
See? What'd I tell you...Best Friends!

5 comments:

Katie said...

Fun! I loved Austenland and Princess Academy, too. I didn't know they were making Austenland into a movie, but I find that quite exciting. Congrats on the new friendship!!!

Eric and Carrie said...

Nice! I love the Goose Girl!

Lindsay Adams said...

Cass, this post made me laugh out loud. I love your enthusiasm! Shannon is lucky to have you as her friend.

The Boyce's said...

LOL That's all....LOL :) Love you Cass!

Mike and Lisa said...

I read the Goose Girl a couple years ago. How fun!

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus