Tuesday, April 10, 2012

April Fools Day

For April Fools Day this year I decided to liven things up a bit for my family. I'm not one for the big pranks and jokes, mostly because I'm not creative enough or good enough at lying... so what my idea of "liven things up" might seem a bit weak sauce to you.
Anyways... for breakfast I made the kids mud pies, complete with gummy worms. Carter thought it was great. Megan didn't really know what to think. She sampled the "dirt" but wouldn't try the mud (pudding), convinced it was actually real dirt. She was convinced the worms were real too and that she could "see their eyes."
So yeah, waste of food but totally fun to do. The kids had a great time with that.
Later that day we dyed Easter Eggs, which the kids thought was lots of fun. Carter's favorite part was gobbling up the deviled eggs I made out of the eggs Megan dropped and cracked. The kid loves eggs.
For lunch we had a great dinner of pulled pork sandwiches, and alongside it I made blue jello with swedish fish in it. My kids thought that was the coolest thing. Carter actually got that I was trying to make it look like fish swimming in water. haha. The fish actually turned out nasty because they were all soggy, but the jello was good! Bo insists that jello be a repeat in our meals.
So that was our April Fools Day. And all that before General Conference, thanks to being in the eastern time zone.













3 comments:

Haley Krumblis said...

Cassidy, this looks SO fun! I need to remember these ideas!

Jordon and Terra said...

Cute! I love the jello idea! It looks cool, even if the fish were soggy! And that is funny that Meg wouldn't eat the 'mud'. haha She is so cute!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Cassidy, what a good mom you are!

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus