Sunday, December 11, 2011

Don't worry Santa, we've got it covered.

So we watched Elf tonight as a family. Man, I love that movie. So funny. Will Farrell is awesome and just makes it perfect.
Anyways...as we're watching the bit with Santa in Central Park (towards the end), I asked Megan and Carter if they were so excited for Santa to come. Carter was, of course, super excited and literally bouncing on the couch. I love that he just is old enough to get really into it.
Megan's reaction to Santa was my favorite though. She said that she didn't need Santa to come to our house anymore because she already has a "little present under the tree." I explained to her that the one present was nice, but it was from Grandma Sandy, and wasn't she just so excited that Santa would bring her some more? Nope. She started getting very emphatic that she didn't want any more. She had her "tiny one." Oh that Megan girl. I heart her. She makes me laugh. You see, she's a girl, therefore anything small or tiny is a "baby" one, and therefore it is to be prized more. She's probably going to keep this true for jewelry in the future too, I can just see it.
I just thought it was funny. Carter would like the biggest present ever, Megan is happy with a little one.
Also, in Elf, the part where the midget and famous writer comes into the movie and Buddy is all excited about seeing an "Elf", Megan went off on how she doesn't like that elf. "He's a mean elf. I don't like mean elfs. I don't like clowns. I don't like them." I laughed so hard. I love that she snuck clowns in there too. Apparently she just can't let Halloween go.

4 comments:

Jordon and Terra said...

Oh how funny! Megan is such a little cutie! Gotta love little girls and their girly little ways! :) By the way, Elf is the BEST christmas movie ever! Love that movie!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Oh Cassidy, Megan is so sweet. I can picture Carter's enthusiasm as well.

Serena said...

haha. Love your kids. So funny how different little boys and girls are.

Whidget said...

Yeah I am with Megan. I only need one REALLY TINY little box. It's even better if it's BLUE. HAHA!

The Beus Gang

Bo, Cassidy, and Carter Beus